SAP ISU Development & Support Specialist
The role is extremely varied, best suited to someone with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ mentality, an appetite for multi-tasking, teamwork and the drive to get involved.
Our team is highly customer-focused with day-to-day responsibility for developing, testing and supporting software around our certified SAP solutions suite. It will also involve remotely supporting product installations with customers. All developers are expected to support their peers with code reviews and constructive feedback.
Working with customer representatives at many different levels, you will need to be comfortable with both technical subject matter and the ‘bigger picture’ business issues that drive change.
This role will report to the Support Manager.
As an SAP ISU development and support specialist for Basis Technologies, you will be responsible for supporting our global customer base through a variety of mediums.
- Provide customer support for existing customers and products.
- This involves support ticket management, handling, analysis, problem solving and debugging, often via remote connection to customer’s SAP systems.
- Flexibility to operate outside core business hours where needed
- Design, develop and test product enhancements and bug fixes as per agreed plans and deadlines (using Agile development methodologies)
- Act as subject matter expert on the use and configuration of the Basis Technologies DevOps Toolset across a variety of business scenarios
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of SAP ISU experience in a technical area and will be a highly motivated self-starter, with plenty of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. Attitude and aptitude are extremely important.
The right individual must be flexible and able to manage their time effectively.
Confidence, the ability to influence others and excellent communication skills are all a must.
A summary of the skills and attributes that we are looking for is as follows:
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills (Fluent in English)
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of SAP ISU knowledge
- Works well under pressure, and comfortable working alone when necessary
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Confident, highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to empathize with client issues
- Understanding and applying Active Listening
- Understanding and ability to ask open-ended/closed-ended/probing questions
- Ability to teach complex topics remotely, via tools like WebEx
- Quick learner – technical as well as business knowledge
- Flexibility – work schedule may involve evening/weekend work
- Ability to communicate at a technical as well as business level
- Ability to simplify complex problems and suggest possible solutions
- Soft skills, such as the ability to understand and share the feelings of another
- Good MS office skills
The following technical skills and attributes are also required:
- Strong SAP application development from basic ABAP through advanced technologies
- Excellent analysis and debugging skills
- Administering and troubleshooting Windows and web applications
- Expertise in conducting fault isolation and the diagnosis and remediation of code issues
- Ability to dissect application issues at the application layer
- ABAP OO
- UI5 Web Components
- Dialog programming
- Report writing using ALV and ABAP lists
- User exits/enhancements
- SAP-centric software product lifecycles
- Relational database design
- Use of structured methodologies in software development lifecycle
- Change management, transports and source code control
- Must possess the ability to effectively articulate a solution
- Should have good knowledge in Performance tuning, Data Dictionary Concepts, Queries optimizations.
- Hands-on experience on Proxy , OOPs programming Concepts , ISU- ABAP
Other desirable skills include:
- SAP CRM knowledge
- SAP Fiori knowledge
- SAP HANA knowledge
- SAP BASIS knowledge
- SAP Web UI development experience (BSP, WebDynpro)
- ABAP Unit Test Driven Development (TDD)