Senior Full Stack Developer
Basis Technologies is a provider of automation software for continuous SAP application delivery, digital transformation, and test automation. All products are focused on SAP applications.
Founded in 1997, the company is an innovator that develops automation software to enable the adoption of DevOps and Agile practices for global organizations running SAP. Companies utilize our DevOps suite to accelerate and automate the delivery of high-quality software, eliminating the dependence on headcount-driven activities and substantially reducing human errors that lead to costly and reputation-damaging system outages.
As a market leader in DevOps and test automation for SAP, demand for our products continues to grow. We are an established business with a global customer base, and this is an excellent opportunity to join a company during an exciting growth phase and enjoy a fully supported career.
Our development team is globally distributed and organised around product outcomes following the principles of Agile, Scrum & Kanban.
Overall Purpose of Role
The position will see you undertaking a day-to-day role to develop and test software around our certified SAP solutions suite. All developers are expected to support your peers with code reviews and constructive feedback.
Position within the Organization
- Developers report to the Development Lead
- The Development Lead has responsibility for the performance appraisal, mentoring, training and career development of the technical staff
- Product Management will be responsible for defining Product & Sprint goals, so you can expect to work closely with this key stake holder
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design, develop, test and implement our middleware NodeJS layer
- Act as a senior technical expert for solution design and build
- Creation of innovative, robust and supportable solutions
- Attend daily stand-up progress meetings and backlog / requirements refinements meetings
- Perform and document impact analyses and development estimates for developments
- Other duties may be assigned
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills, quick-learning, attention to detail
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work on both server and client code
- SAPUI5 skills
- Proven track record in writing unit tests
- Experience with OpenAPI is an advantage
- Experience in SAP infrastructure is an advantage
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Jenkins Administration
- BitBucket Administration
- Creation and maintenance of build pipelines
Education and Training
General degree or equivalent/recognized professional qualifications
What we offer
- The chance to join a market-leading, vibrant technology business that is growing rapidly, working with some of the most innovative products, clients and partners in the world
- The opportunity to work on a new green field project using the latest technologies which will drive our company direction for the coming years.
- Competitive salary package and bonus
- Flexible working arrangements