Water Corporation is the principal supplier of water, wastewater, irrigation, and drainage services in Western Australia to hundreds of thousands of homes, businesses and farms. Water Corporation’s projects and activities span over 2.5 million square kilometers.
As Australia’s principal water supplier, Water Corporation has a comprehensive SAP landscape covering plant management, HR, purchasing, finance, business intelligence and reporting.
The company had to handle a large number of SAP transports every day, with up to 80 transports at any one time.
Water Corporation needed a solution that would help support this high level of SAP transports to de-risk updates, reduce manual errors, simplify approval processes and allow its staff to focus on more business value-adding activities, rather than systems administration.
Water Corporation automates its SAP change and release management process, by using ActiveControl which can process large groups of SAP transports, automatically moving them in the correct sequence, allowing Water Corporation to validate that testing has been performed and cope with extensive changes to the SAP landscape.
What was achieved
Water Corporation is achieving great benefits from using ActiveControl to manage its SAP change and release process:
- Reduced risk – ActiveControl automatically handles large volumes of SAP transports and extensive changes to the SAP landscape preventing errors that can occur if undertaken manually.
- Automated SAP transport migration – the move of SAP transports to production is fully automated, typically handling 4-20 SAP transports per day. During a major project ‘go-live’, up to 80 transports go through the system at any one time in the correct sequence.
- Improved productivity, compliance and visibility – approval processes are simplified and shortened helping Water Corporation adhere to the audit processes. All the SAP landscapes can be easily accessed from a single dashboard which gives full visibility of all SAP transport activity across the business.
- Freeing up resources – allowing expensive resources to spend more time on more business value-adding activities.
- Ability to respond faster to business requirements – By being able to run SAP delivery at the pace of business requirements, the company makes sure that SAP development is providing ROI and meeting current business needs, rather than delivering functionality that the business already has moved on from.
- Simple to use – ActiveControl is simple and intuitive to use.