Dallas, TX – Basis Technologies, creators of the most complete DevOps and test automation platform engineered for SAP systems, today announced the introduction of ActiveControl 8.2, the latest upgrade to the company’s pioneering DevOps automation solution.
ActiveControl 8.2 helps businesses become more agile and competitive thanks to a range of new features that improve the quality of SAP change and accelerate delivery of innovation. Key developments in this release include new analyzers, S/4 ‘dual maintenance’ features and a powerful new rules engine that supports creation of sophisticated approval workflows.
With 2025 on the horizon, and SAP companies under pressure to make the move to S/4HANA, customers are increasingly looking for ways to accelerate the transition while lowering project risk. ActiveControl does just that with powerful DevOps automation that supports every step of the journey, from upgrading systems, migrating to the cloud, and managing change across complex, multi-track SAP landscapes and multiple versions of S/4 and ECC. Along with key product enhancements, ActiveControl 8.2 introduces a new integration with smartRetrofit from smartShift Technologies so the process of code remediation can also be automated. The merge process fully integrates with smartRetrofit to ensure that all code objects (new or existing, requiring remediation or not) are correctly identified, processed and updated in the target S/4 system.
Additional new key features include:
- A new level of automated impact analysis, powered by a significant upgrade to the Test Impact Radar analyzer;
- Deeper integration with Eclipse ABAP Development Tools, for cloud-based application development;
- More enhancements to ActiveControl’s popular Web UI, including the ability to track development performance via Microsoft PowerBI dashboards;
- Extensions to some of our most popular automated analyzers;
- A variety of updates based on user feedback that make ActiveControl easier to use and more versatile than ever.
About Basis Technologies
Basis Technologies provides the only complete DevOps and test automation platform specifically engineered for SAP solutions. Our customers are able to increase competitive agility by responding more quickly to market opportunities, while reducing costs and lowering the risk of change. Many of the world’s largest brands use Basis Technologies’ automation to accelerate innovation, ensure continuous quality and enable agile delivery across SAP software landscapes.