APJ – Why Automation is Crucial When Adopting SAP S/4HANA, a case study
Manage, align and synchronize changes between ECC and S/4HANA.
Many local and global enterprises want to leverage the benefits of S/4HANA but they simply can’t afford business disruption, so embarking on the transition is a daunting prospect with a number of different options. When one of the largest SAP users in the world - a Consumer Packaged Goods company with a highly complex, distributed ECC landscape - decided to embark on the move to S/4HANA they knew it would be a major challenge.
In order to ensure the greatest speed, safety and control, the company selected a variety of automation tools as part of a 'best practice' approach to managing each element of their multi-year migration project. One of the key problems to solve was how to ensure that ECC and S/4HANA systems remained aligned during the period when both were supporting the business.
Watch this webinar to learn:
- Potential paths to adopt S/4HANA
- How one company's transition from their legacy ECC environment to S/4HANA is enabled by automation
- How automation is supporting their preparation for a move to DevOps and continuous delivery model
- How the company has been able to address 'dual maintenance' of ECC and S/4 - one of the most significant technical challenges in S/4 migrations
- Some of the lessons learned so far